Private Duty Nursing Complements Care At Home From A Home Health Aide
We provide the next level of private duty nursing services for your loved at home and reduce your daily worry and provide care at home that a home health aide cannot
Sometimes a family caregiver or home health aide just cannot meet the increasing medical needs of a loved one. Comfort Keepers in Columbia, SC, can help. Our specially-trained private duty nursing staff is ready to provide the level of care at home a loved one needs to stay safely at home rather than in a nursing facility or hospital.
What is Private Duty Nursing?
In contrast to Comfort Keepers' traditional elderly care services, this type of nursing provides one-on-one medical care to an individual in the home or in a facility. Private duty nurses provide the higher level of care while working in tandem with the caregiver who is providing companion-homemaker services along with personal care services. Our goal is to provide the customized care needed by a client, all from one agency.Contact Us
How Private Duty Nursing Can Complement Your Home Health Aide In Columbia, SC
Our skilled in home licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and registered nurses (RNs) can perform many medical tasks that can complement care at home performed by a home health aide. Some of these tasks include:
- setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- care training for family members
Our private duty nursing staff is available to assist clients with regularly scheduled nursing visits or hourly care for extended shifts, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We work closely with the client’s medical team, home health aide, and family to provide the very best care at home. If you would like to learn more about our senior care services, contact us at (803) 200-1499.
Comfort Keepers In Home Care proudly provides senior care services in the following communities of South Carolina:
Blythewood, Cades, Cassatt, Cayce, Columbia, Coward, Dalzell, Darlington, Dentsville, Eastover, Effingham, Elgin, Elliott, Florence, Hartsville, Horatio, Lake City, Lamar, Lexington, Lugoff, Lydia, Lynchburg, Mayesville, Olanta, Pinewood, Rembert, Shaw Air Force Base, Sumter, Timmonsville, Turbeville, Washington, and Wedgefield